Photograph of the Nelson School Society Committee as a memento of the final closing of the Campbell's School in 1896, and gifting of properties for the establishment of The Bishop Suter Art Gallery. The subjects depicted are: [back row]: Mr H Rowe (Vice President); Miss Baltrop; Mr F. Peart; Miss Dement; Mr T. Field (President). [seated]: Miss D. Karsten (Superintendent); Mr T.J. Thompson; Mrs Bisley; Mr T. Scott (Hon. Secretary0. Absent: Mr E. Boyes (Hon. Treasurer). The wooden frame is constructed from the time wreckage of the immigrant ship 'Fifeshire' which ran aground on what is now called 'Fifeshire Rock' in 1841.
Dimensions: 2 - Frame: 325 x 370mm
Photograph presented by the Nelson School Society in 1896. The frame was presented by Miss J.E. O'Dwyer in 1933.